ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: class BuildTimeoutException extends BuildException
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:33:23 GMT
On 27/10/10 12:06, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2010-10-27, Steve Loughran wrote:
>> On 27/10/10 11:01, Steve Loughran wrote:
>>> I'm thinking we need a specific class BuildTimeoutException that extends
>>> BuildException
>>> I'll do the coding...
>> Of course, there is a well documented exception of just that name in
> And I thought that was dead 8-)

I use my own precursor code, but it has to recognise problems from
parallel timing out and handle it, which is is done by looking for strings.

>> Better to have some new Exception name
> +1
>> like BuildOperationTimeoutException to eliminate confusion
> TimeoutException?

I'm thinking of being ruthless and doing the move on the basis that that
funtest task was never documented (my fault) and therefore doesn't
exist, we can move it without guilt. Therefore I am now thinking of

-move the existing BuildTimeoutException
-upgrade Parallel, Exec and Java to use it, retaining the string
-upgrade Funtest to catch it from Parallel and add a more useful error
message (one that prints the timeout parameters).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message