ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: class BuildTimeoutException extends BuildException
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:19:57 GMT
On 27/10/10 11:01, Steve Loughran wrote:
> I'm thinking we need a specific class BuildTimeoutException that extends
> BuildException
>
> I'll do the coding...

Of course, there is a well documented exception of just that name in
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.testing

Which implies that I should really

  1. move that into the core codebase
  2. retain a subclass in that location, though that really confuses code:

class BuildTimeoutException extends
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildTimeoutException

Better to have some new Exception name like
BuildOperationTimeoutException to eliminate confusion