ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Ivy and IvyDE release notes
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 21:19:26 GMT
I almost forgot myself I have suggest this change.
As there were no objection, I have put it into place for IvyDE.

Nicolas

Le 20 août 2010 à 15:49, Nicolas Lalevée a écrit :

> I would like to make the release of Ivy and IvyDE easier.
>
> Today the release notes of IvyDE are in different places:
> * the raw list of bug fixes and new features is in CHANGES.txt
> * there is a RELEASE_NOTES.txt which contains has soon as it is released:
> ** the list of bugs and features, copied from CHANGES.txt,
> ** the list of contributors, extracted from CHANGES.txt,
> ** a teaser of the new features, extracted from CHANGES.txt,
> * there is a release_notes.html in doc in the release branch, which is a manual html
adaptation of the RELEASE_NOTES.txt

> So first I would like to get rid of CHANGES.txt. Each bug fix or new feature, the committer
will be responsible to update the RELEASE_NOTES.txt/release-notes.html instead of the CHANGES.txt.
We could be also a little bit more verbose about the actual change made, like it is done for
Ant's WHATSNEW. We will loose the history of changes, but I don't think this is an issue.
> WDYT ?
>
> Then there is the html versus the txt version. We should only keep one. I like having
it online, with links to Jira, so I would prefer having the html version.
> WDYT ?
>
> Last but not least, there is exactly the same duplicates in Ivy release process. Do we
want to remove duplicates in Ivy release process too ?