ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Using IVY programatically
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:15:14 GMT

Le 23 oct. 2010 à 13:07, shacoshe a écrit :

> why IVY is so complicated to use problematically ,

nice slip-up ;)

> and way do you force me to use XML ,
> why there is a lake of API for that ,
>
> i can see why nobody helps / can help me

Ivy is mainly designed to be used in Ant tasks, yes. There is a Java API though. But I understand
it is not trivial to use, there is a lack of documentation, I can say in its use in IvyDE.

For your issue, you have to do in java what you would do in the ivysettings.xml.
You want to add a repository. To do so in Java, use IvySettings#addResolver(DependencyResolver
resolver).
Your "archiva" repository is probably a maven like repository ? So you will be probably interested
in instantiating an IBiblioResolver as resolver. Set its name, its root. And I think it will
work then.

Nicolas