ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Vote to promote VSS antlib out of sandbox
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 15:29:10 GMT
On 2010-09-01, Kevin Jackson wrote:

> I have the day off tomorrow (Vietnamese Independence Day), so I will
> get working on moveing the codebase from sandbox to antlibs proper
> (this is were I screw up svn :)

<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/sandbox/antlibs/promote.xml> may
help - it expects you to have a certain layout in your filesystem and a
command line svn client in PATH but should perform most of the required
svn operations.

> When this is moved into antlibs, we will probably need to:
> a: tidy it up (with respect to the new work Stefan has done on antlib
>    common files)

Shouldn't be necessary.

> b: test and schedule a 1.0 release vote when people are happy it's up
>    to scratch
> c: vote to remove the old vss code from core/trunk (as it won't be needed)

Yep.

> My time is currently limited, so I'll help to nudge the process along
> when I can, but this may take longer than some other antlib promotions
> (compress for example)

This only took a bit more than a year 8-)

OK, I spent half a year waiting for Commons Compress 1.1 get released.

Stefan