ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Ivy and IvyDE release notes
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:49:14 GMT
I would like to make the release of Ivy and IvyDE easier.

Today the release notes of IvyDE are in different places:
* the raw list of bug fixes and new features is in CHANGES.txt
* there is a RELEASE_NOTES.txt which contains has soon as it is released:
** the list of bugs and features, copied from CHANGES.txt,
** the list of contributors, extracted from CHANGES.txt,
** a teaser of the new features, extracted from CHANGES.txt,
* there is a release_notes.html in doc in the release branch, which is a manual html adaptation
of the RELEASE_NOTES.txt

So first I would like to get rid of CHANGES.txt. Each bug fix or new feature, the committer
will be responsible to update the RELEASE_NOTES.txt/release-notes.html instead of the CHANGES.txt.
We could be also a little bit more verbose about the actual change made, like it is done for
Ant's WHATSNEW. We will loose the history of changes, but I don't think this is an issue.
WDYT ?

Then there is the html versus the txt version. We should only keep one. I like having it online,
with links to Jira, so I would prefer having the html version.
WDYT ?

Last but not least, there is exactly the same duplicates in Ivy release process. Do we want
to remove duplicates in Ivy release process too ?
I would like to.

Nicolas