ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <>
Subject Re: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 20:14:25 GMT

Le 19 août 2010 à 17:19, Chet Hosey a écrit :

> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Karsten Wutzke <> wrote:
>> +1 for giving up the policy of keeping stupid historical defaults. :-) Seriously,
it doesn't make sense for this issue to keep it. But I doubt this will be realized.
>> Karsten
> Perhaps the <project> tag could be given a "behavior" attribute that
> would allow change over time. With none given, Ant would use
> historical defaults. Other defaults could be used when it was
> specified.
> For example, setting project behavior to 1.8.2 or above would cause
> javac to default to includeantruntime="False". But with no behavior
> attribute, or behavior <= 1.8.1, the historical defaults would apply.
> Optionally, a magic value of behavior="sane" would cause Ant to use
> its own "native" defaults. This would mollify those willing to risk
> behavior changes across Ant upgrades to get reasonable defaults.
> Thoughts?

This is a very interesting idea. It can be similar to the ivy-module version in the ivy.xml.
In <project> we would specify the version of Ant which is expected to parse correctly
the build.xml.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message