ant-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Myers <cmy...@palantir.com>
Subject Re: Publishing non-jar artifacts
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 01:15:14 GMT
Thanks Jason, that info is very helpful.

The reason why this is appropriate for the dev list is, I think, I am
asking "shouldn't Ivy/IvyDE do this natively?"

I guess you could call this a feature request (which I would be willing
to implement myself) to make Ivy better support non-jars.  I don't want
myself (and others) to have to write stuff in our build scripts to
handle this if it could be done by ivy itself.  So the discussion I want
to start is, "is there a reason why this isn't already included?  are
people deadset against supporting non-jar dependencies?"

Many java projects depend upon things which are not jars, so it seems
like it should be innate functionality, not something for which "a
workaround happens to exist, with some work".

Thoughts?

Thanks!
-Carl

cmyers@palantir.com