ant-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Myers <cmy...@palantir.com>
Subject Publishing non-jar artifacts
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2010 00:23:00 GMT
Hey all,

We use ivy for dependency management but now we need to depend on things
that are not jars (as an example, a java keystore, a text file
containing a license, a .sql file describing a db schema).

Currently we have a custom build system in ant which leverages ivy ant
tasks, but we also have developers using IvyDE in Eclipse.  I want to be
able to publish, and consume, non-jar dependencies in both places.  This
means Ivy would need to be able to "unbundle" the contents of a
jar/zip/whatever to a specific location on resolve.

I know that ant hooks exist to do things like this, but will they work
in IvyDE?  Is that the way to go?  If this does require dev work, how
would you expect it to be done to be most likely to be accepted as a patch?

Thanks!
--
Carl Myers
Palantir Technologies | Internal Tools Software Engineer