ant-dev mailing list archives

From Karsten Wutzke <kwut...@web.de>
Subject Re: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:58:00 GMT
I agree with that entirely. It will be less effort for a few to adopt the new Ant behavoir
than annoy many. Furthermore, I believe many Ant newcomers will think Ant or their dev setup
is "broken" given that warning.

Karsten

>On Aug 18, 2010, at 12:56 PM, Jesse Glick wrote:
>
>> On 08/18/2010 12:31 PM, Matt Benson wrote:
>>> require those running such ancient buildfiles
>>
>> Unfortunately they need not be so ancient. I have come across more than one build.xml
from an actively developed project which just assumed that sources could be compiled against
org.apache.tools.ant.** without doing anything. Of course fixing such a script is easy if
you know what is wrong, but the authors (or new maintainers) may not know what to do when
a new Ant release breaks their build.

>Okay, maybe "ancient" was a poor choice of words, but I would still guess that more builds
than not DON'T need to compile against Ant itself.