ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: missing extension-point behaviour
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:46:21 GMT
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Danny Yates <danny@codeaholics.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer ref <fileset>
>
> I'm not sure that merging the two builds is possible for various reasons.
> Technically, yes; but for "security reasons", no.
>
> Also, I'd really like it so that I don't have to <subant> (or <ant> or
> <antcall> or whetever) into the service-specific scripts, because there are
> (will be) a large number of touch points, and I don't want to have to go and
> find each of them whenever a new service is added. As I have it now, adding
> a new service is as simple as dropping in a new service descriptor.

You already have these descriptor builds, so importing them all in 2
builds, or have them import 2 builds is not much different, and that's
the same number of touch points if you add a new service.

But I'll stop arguing, I don't know the specifics and you obviously
made these conscious choices for a reason. I'm still a bit on the
fence, but that doesn't matter, you already got buy in from Stefan, so
my guess is that you're mostly home free having this feature enabled
given that no other commiters chimed in ;) Cheers, --DD