ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <property file="..." prefix="..."/> what to expand?
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:28:41 GMT
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 2:18 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> loadproperties already can.
> [...]
> <loadproperties>
>  <filterchain>
>    <prefixlines prefix="foo."/>
>  </filterchain>
> </loadproperties>
>
> you get
> foo.y=${x}

Well <filterchain> likely applies on the property file "text", not its
"infoset", so will prefix comments and continuation lines as well,
leading to an possibly incorrect file or changed property values. So
it's not quite a general solution. My propsed ${.:x} allows the
property-file-writer to be in control, and if we separated the prefix
attribute for property writes and property reads, providing a read
"search resolution path" to allow either read local unprefixed first,
then local prefixed, then global, the build-file-writer is in control,
and the various permutations of those 3, that should cover all
possible situations. I'm not sure this is that high priority though.
Just my $0.02. --DD