ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Commercial Tasks in Ant
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:44:49 GMT
On 2010-06-11, Bruce Atherton wrote:

> On 01/06/2010 7:51 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> +1 - I'm not sure we must stop at the commercial task (is there any
>> reason to include the CVS tasks with Ant today?), but it will be a
>> start.

> I can add CVS to the list if there are no objections. Any other tasks
> to nominate for transfer to an antlib?

While Peter's point applies to all the other tasks as well, he's
probably right that the impact would be too big if we removed the CVS
task.

> One other thing. I think the vote should be to move these to their own
> separate antlibs in the sandbox. That will clearly indicate that they
> are unsupported.

Agreed.

> My only concern is with the difficulty in getting them out of the
> sandbox once we have a volunteer or two to maintain them, as happened
> with VSS. I'm not sure what the answer should be for this problem.

We'll have to find one once the situation comes up.  It looks as if we
were on a way for VSS, but this is just because we now have three
committers with access to the software.

Stefan