ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject [RESULT][VOTE] Remove commercial tasks from Ant
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 23:25:44 GMT
The results of the vote are in. Both motions passed.

The motion to drop the commercial tasks from the binary release of Ant
had 13 +1 votes for almost all the commercial tasks, and no -1 votes.
The one exception was the Server Deploy subtasks, which Gilles voted +0
on, resulting in 12 +1 votes and 1 +0 vote. Stefan also expressed some
concern about the complexity of moving them to Antlibs. We should
probably discuss how to move these separately now that their removal has
been approved.

The motion to move the tasks into their own Antlibs had 10 +1 votes and
3 +0 votes with no -1 votes. This motion also passes.

Votes came from Stefan, Gilles, Jesse, Jan, Kevin, Dominique, Antoine,
Matt, Conor, myself, Peter, Martijn, and Maarten,

The next step I'd like to take is to contact all the companies that make
the commercial software whose tasks we are removing. With any luck some
of them will take over responsibility for the tasks. It will take me a
while to do this, though (I've just recently changed cities so my life
is in a bit of upheaval) so if anyone wants to help out, particularly if
they have connections in some of the organizations involved, please let
me know and we can coordinate things.

Once we have alerted the parties involved about the change, we can start
removing the tasks and creating new Antlibs in the sandbox. Are there
targets available anywhere to facilitate the creation of standard new
Antlibs?