ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Commercial Tasks in Ant
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 19:29:13 GMT
On 01/06/2010 7:51 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2010-05-29, Bruce Atherton wrote:
>

>> I'd like to discuss whether to move all of the commercial tasks out of
>> Ant core/optional libraries and putting them each into their own
>> Antlibs.
>>
> +1 - I'm not sure we must stop at the commercial task (is there any
> reason to include the CVS tasks with Ant today?), but it will be a
> start.

I can add CVS to the list if there are no objections. Any other tasks to
nominate for transfer to an antlib?

>>      - EJB Tasks: Note that there may no longer be a need for these as
>>        the servers are very old, we could instead deprecate and eventually
>>        get rid of.
>>
> +1

So a separate vote for these to be deprecated in the next release and
removed in the release after that?

One other thing. I think the vote should be to move these to their own
separate antlibs in the sandbox. That will clearly indicate that they
are unsupported. My only concern is with the difficulty in getting them
out of the sandbox once we have a volunteer or two to maintain them, as
happened with VSS. I'm not sure what the answer should be for this problem.