ant-dev mailing list archives

From videophool <>
Subject using subant with multiple projects with specific build order
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 18:16:30 GMT

I am new to ant, and am setting up a master build.xml.  There are several
projects (each with build.xml) that the master will build, and there is a
dependency chain so that they must be built in a specific order.  All of the
subant examples that I find use dirset which does not allow control of the
build order.  I have hacked a working build.xml, but I will add multiple
targets, and I do not want to copy/paste the hack.  What I want to do is to
define the collection of project folders outside of the subant block, and
then use that collection with subant.  See my current hack below.
&lt;project name="master"&gt;
  &lt;target name="all"&gt;
      &lt;target name="build"/&gt;
      &lt;target name="publish"/&gt;
      &lt;fileset dir="./Proj1Folder" includes="build.xml"/&gt;
      &lt;fileset dir="./Proj2Folder" includes="build.xml"/&gt;
      &lt;fileset dir="./Proj31Folder" includes="build.xml"/&gt;
      &lt;fileset dir="./Proj4Folder" includes="build.xml"/&gt;
Sent from the Ant - Dev mailing list archive at