ant-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <>
Subject Re: -source.jar and -javadoc.jar in ivy.xml
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:14:24 GMT
I didn't test it, but you could try something like this:

- change your patterns in the settings and publish task to: "[organisation]/[module]/[artifact]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]"
- add classifier attribute on the artifacts element:

<artifact name="${}" type="source" ext="jar" classifier="sources" />
<artifact name="${}" type="javadoc" ext="jar" classifier="javadoc" />

Don't declare this classifier attribute for the main artifact

----- Original Message ----
From: Stefan Bodewig <>
Sent: Tue, June 15, 2010 11:56:30 AM
Subject: -source.jar and -javadoc.jar in ivy.xml

I've added the creation of -sources.jar and -javadoc.jar to the common
build file used by all Antlibs so these jars can get uploaded to the mvn
repo when we perform a release.

Unfortunately it is not clear to me how to declare them as artifacts as
child of publications that Ivy is supposed to upload.  Something like

  <artifact name="${}" type="source" ext="-sources.jar"/>

I'm afraid this won't resolve to the correct name for the artifact.
Would I need to provide an explicit url?  What is the recommended way?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: