ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Ant1.8 copy task gives error "Failed to copy" with "Permission denied"
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 09:03:25 GMT
On 2010-05-07, SHAILJA <> wrote:

> I tried to debug my problem with small example. It seems something has
> changed in "copy" target with ant1.8.0. We change permission of destination
> file after copy. With ant-1.7.1 copy target copied the source file if source
> file is newer than destination file but with ant-1.8.0 copy target failed.
> My small build.xml is
> ==============
> /u/kumari/ant> less less build.xml
> <project>
> <target name="install_scripts">
>  <copy file="${basedir}/myfile.txt" tofile="/u/kumari/myfile.txt"/>
>  <chmod file="/u/kumari/myfile.txt" perm="555"/>
> </target>
>  </project>

Sounds like you are hitting the problem described in the recently opened

I haven't found the time to fully look into this but think Ant should
not overwrite read-only files by default - so this part would be a fix
rather than a regression.  It probably should do so if the overwrite
attribute has been set to true, but the bug report says ant doesn't do
so either.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message