ant-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ivy 2.2.0 - Roadmap?
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 22:03:45 GMT
Hi Ed,

thanks for the test case, I'll try to look into the problem.
I guess the problem is that at the moment I'm more or less the only (active) Ivy committer
and I don't have that much spare time, do that's the main reason that not all issues are addressed
as they should.

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Ed Burcher <ed.burcher@gmail.com>
To: Ant Developers List <dev@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, May 5, 2010 2:26:11 AM
Subject: Re: Ivy 2.2.0 - Roadmap?

Hi all

There are a number of issues that it would be good to see some movement on. I am thinking
of IVY-1159 and IVY-1174 in particular -  both would appear to represent pretty fundamental
bugs in transitive version resolution.

Whilst appreciating that the scope of any particular build has to begin and end somewhere,
its hard to see why 2.2.0 would be considered without considering these issues if only to
de-scope them explicitly. I've been on this list for about 4 months now and not a lot of IVY
discussion seems to go on. Is it just that there aren't enough committers to look into the
problems?

To help things as best I can I have attached a test case for IVY-1159 to the JIRA.

Regards
Ed

On 3 May 2010, at 22:07, Maarten Coene wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Ivy 2.1.0 is out for some time now, it's time to think about making a new release.
>
> If you have still some pending changes, maybe you could start committing them :-)
> I want to commit some minor changes I still have on my local machine and include IVY-742
before starting the release procedure, does anyone see other issues that should get included
as well?