ant-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ivy 2.2.0 - Roadmap?
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 21:51:09 GMT
Xavier,

won't this workaround cause every artifact to be copied instead of only the modified ones?

Maybe we should add an extra attribute (for instance 'overwrite') to the retrieve task to
indicate what we want. This attribute could have following values:
- always: indicates we always want to overwrite the files in the destination, no matter what
the dates are
- never: indicates we never want to overwrite the files in the destination
- newer (default): indicates we only want to overwrite the files if there is a more recent
one available
- different: indicates we only want to overwrite the files if the dates differ

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>
To: Ant Developers List <dev@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Thu, May 6, 2010 7:27:06 PM
Subject: Re: Ivy 2.2.0 - Roadmap?

I think there is a way to do what you want: you have to set
checkUpToDate="false" on the caches element in your settings:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/caches.html

The location of this setting is strange, but it should do what you want. If
it works for you maybe you can close the bug (I have trouble right now to
access JIRA, I didn't login since the attack).

Xavier