ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r948853 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Execute.java
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 15:20:39 GMT
On 05/27/2010 11:27 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> Use System.getenv where available.
>
> Are we sure it does the same thing as our current code?
>
> We have some hacks for "exotic" platforms like encoding tweaks or
> support for logicals on OpenVMS - your patch will skip the
> addVMSLogicals invocation, for example.

I guess only OpenVMS JDK developers could answer that. I would presume that System.getenv
would return something suited to being passed back to Runtime.exec. If not, they
will need to supply a better patch.

(I presume there are no Ant committers with access to an OpenVMS test environment. BCCing
Knut Wannheden, who submitted a patch in 2003, and Meg Garrison who I recall
worked on OpenVMS tooling at one point.)