ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <>
Subject Re: [VOTE-RESULTS] use nexus for maven upload of ant release
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 02:13:19 GMT
Hello Matt,

Matt Benson wrote:
> FWIW, however, I have found Brian Fox to be quite knowledgeable on
> Maven matters (not unexpectedly).  If he says it works, it probably
> does.
I am a bit paranoid, I just checked that it really works, and yes, I can
add a dependency to org.apache.ant, ant, 1.8.0 in a pom.xml and download
the dependencies.
I just read about what the missing versions in maven-metadata.xml can
break here [1]. Looks like missing versions in maven-metadata.xml break
using dependencies to ranges of versions.

>  I am pretty sure that in Ivy's case if the metadata were not
> found it would fall back to simply mining the expected locations for
> the artifacts based on the known m2 layout; perhaps Maven does
> something similar...
> -Matt

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: