ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: Ant source structure and ant*.jar build products
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 19:12:19 GMT
On 15/05/2010 11:34 AM, Bruce Atherton wrote:
> Anyway, my point is that if we go for one big jar and include
> fetch.xml behaviour in the standard build, then we don't need to break
> the source directories apart.

Sorry, I realized that I was conflating the distribution with working
with the source code in this comment. Sorry for the noise. Despite the
added complexity for finding code if you use a text editor, I'm +1 on
this too, as well as how to resolve the classpaths.

Just to be clear on point 3:

> 3. Produce the contents of one JAR in the distribution.

That is just to bundle the contents of all the ant-*.jar files together
into a single ant.jar file, right? Or are you suggesting that we release
two packages with each release of Ant, one without the dependent
libraries included and one with (ala velocity.jar and velocity-deps.jar)?