ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: AW: [VOTE] use nexus for maven upload of ant release
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 23:36:11 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> If using Nexus is the "official way" I am +1 for uploading Ant, Antlibs and Ivy.
>
> This wasnt part of the vote, but I am also
> +1 for putting the upload procedure in a common.xml

Where should this common.xml live ?
> +1 for using Ivy for uploading

Will try to do this. In this case I welcome suggestions of other
committers who have already done nexus uploads with ivy.
> +1 for including a src.zip into our distro (was asked by Brian on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2706)

because there should be in fact a source and a javadoc jar for each jar
of classes, adding source zip and and javadoc jar would go well along
with the proposal of Jesse of splitting the source tree along the jar
boundaries.  Even without splitting the source tree it is feasible but
the coding of this will almost certainly be more "natural" if done as
suggested by Jesse. I cannot include src.zip and javadoc.jar for 1.8.1
as 1.8.1 was not built that way, but we can get ready to do this for 1.8.2.
>    I like getting information by the IDE when using APIs ...

I have a colleague developer where I work in my day job who is
campaigning for that too.
> Jan

Antoine