ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: Bug 49261 - <copy> and Read-Only Destination Files
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 23:42:25 GMT
On 11/05/2010 2:56 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2010-05-10, Bruce Atherton<bruce@callenish.com>  wrote:
>>      1) On Concat, add an overwrite attribute and mark the force
>> attribute as deprecated with a warning
>>      2) Add force to copy, echo, etc
>>      3) add forceReadOnly to Concat
>>
> this is now the case in trunk

Thanks, Stefan.

>> Eventually we can get to the point where we remove force crom Concat
>> altogether for a release or two, and then reintroduce it.
>>
> this going to be a pretty long time into the future 8-)

Yeah, I'm probably being too conservative. If we deprecate it during Ant
1.9, it is probably ok to switch over the meaning come Ant 1.10.

Although, reading about the new features in the new Java 7 File package
NIO2[1], it has got me thinking again about what an Ant 2.0 should look
like....

[1] http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/javase/nio/