ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE-RESULTS] use nexus for maven upload of ant release
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 12:54:11 GMT
On 2010-05-26, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2010-05-24, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
>
> > I have succeeded to upload ant 1.8.1 using nexus. [1]
>
> > Thanks Maarten for your help.
>
> Great, thanks to both of you.

You welcome Stefan. Thanks for all the good code that you write, and Matt, Martijn, Jan, Jesse,
Peter, and all the other committers, and all the people who submit patches in bugzilla, without
which there would be no business doing the release.

> > I remember Stefan wanted me to get the maven team to also show 1.7.1
> > in the maven-metadata.xml files.
>
> Not based on any knowledge more on what I was afraid could happen if
> those versions were missing.  If Brian says things are fine, let's trust
> him.

Brian fixed the maven-metadata.xml [1] by importing 1.7.0, 1.7.1 and 1.8.0 ant in nexus.

> After all I don't expect the maven repo to be an important
> distribution channel for Ant.
>

> Stefan

There are a lot of projects which can use maven or ivy as dependency managers, and may want
to use ant API. Users of the maven-antrun-plugin [2] can start using ant 1.8.1

Antoine

[1] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/maven-metadata.xml
[2] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Antrun+Plugin