ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: [IVY] status update for IvyDE 2.1.0 ??
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 11:37:01 GMT

Le 7 mai 2010 à 18:57, Jon Schneider a écrit :

> Erik,
>
> I don't believe it should be released with this regression either.
>
> Nicholas,
>
> I am struggling to understand what led you to believe that changing the
> resolve mode to dynamic would address the issue in IVYDE-212 which does not
> outwardly appear to be related to revConstraint.
>
> I tried to recreate the issue after eliminating the line in
> WorkspaceIvySettings setting the default resolve mode to dynamic, and cannot
> reproduce the behavior that the reporter describes.  Maybe I am missing
> something that you could shed more light on?

I think you can reproduce it with the test projects I have checked in at rev 897506.

But effectively the fix I did was probably not correct.

My problem was that the revision constraints were not took into account. And the fix is to
enable the dynamic resolve mode. But I think my mistake is to have changed it in the settings
wrapper used by the workspace resolver rather that the main ivysettings.xml. And actually
I did changed it in my project some days later for similar issues in my hudson instance.

So yes, I will revert my commit.

And thank you for raising this issue Erik.

Nicolas