ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Augment feature
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:36:28 GMT
My opinion is that what we really need is a VOTE thread:

>  1. Are you in favor of adding the augment feature to Ant?

Definitively +1

>   2. Are you in favor of an attribute that allows references to be marked
> as final, to avoid augmentation?

If both things (<augment> task and making "final" references) are separated
i'm +1

>   3. If a final attribute is decided upon, do you think it should default
> to "false"?

+1
As with current code base ant datatypes are currently de-facto mutable we
should keep the default value of final attribute to false.

--
Jean Louis Boudart
Independent consultant