ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Ant1.8 copy task gives error "Failed to copy" with "Permission denied"
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:52:41 GMT
On 2010-04-09, SHAILJA <> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> On 2010-04-08, SHAILJA <> wrote:

>>> When I  use ant1.8.0, it gives error like this

>>> Failed to copy
>>> /u/kumari/main/shailja/src/java/a/jsh/mm/script/ to
>>> /u/kumari/main/base/bin/share/ due to
>>> /u/kumari/main/shailja/bin/share/ (Permission denied)

>> The error is about /u/kumari/main/shailja/bin/share/ not the
>> file you mention.  Could there be a symbolic link somewhere that Ant
>> tries to traverse but can't?

> Copy task is copying from
> /u/kumari/main/shailja/src/java/a/jsh/mm/script/ to
> /u/kumari/main/shailja/bin/share/ location

That's what the error message says, yes ;-)

> Before executing copy task /u/kumari/main/shailja/bin/share/
> does not exists.

OK.  What about the /u/kumari/main/shailja/bin/share/ location?
Any idea why Ant ist traying to touch this?  I thought there might be a
symbolic link pointing from /u/kumari/main/shailja/bin/share to
/u/kumari/main/shailja/bin/share (or connecting the bin directories) or
something connecting /u/kumari/main/shailja/src/java/a/jsh/mm/script to

> Anyways this error is comming only with ant1.8.0 not with ant1.7.1. I
> am not sure about the behavior of ant. :(

We have changed a few things WRT handling of symbolic links (that's why
I asked).  Can you give us the -verbose output of the copy task in

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message