ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant1.8 copy task gives error "Failed to copy" with "Permission denied"
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 03:42:01 GMT
On 2010-04-12, SHAILJA <shalja.rudra@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am executing ant from /u/kumari/main/shailja/src/java, means my build.xml
> file is /u/kumari/main/shailja/src/java/build.xml. The error occurs only if
> I invoke ant from src/java in my project. The error is not comming if I
> invoke ant from /u/kumari/main/shailja/src/java/a/jsh/mm. what could be the
> reason behind it?

Hard to tell without looking at your filesystem.  A symbolic link (sorry
to bring that up again 8-) using a relative path would be different if
you followed it from different places.

> Even the output in verbose mode is not clear to say what ant1.8 is
> doing.

It may be clearer for one of Ant's developers.  Could you please at
least give us the full stack trace of the exception so we can see which
file operation is failing?

Stefan