ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does ant 1.8.0 compile on Solaris 10 SPARC?
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 06:28:28 GMT
On 2010-04-02, J. Joseph Felten <jjfelten@googlemail.com> wrote:

> -bash-3.00$ ./build.sh
> ... Bootstrapping Ant Distribution
> rm: Unable to remove directory build/classes: Permission denied

sounds suspicious.  Why is that?

> ... Compiling Ant Classes
> src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/AbstractFileSet.java:52: cannot find symbol
> symbol  : class ModifiedSelector
> location: package org.apache.tools.ant.types.selectors.modifiedselector
> import org.apache.tools.ant.types.selectors.modifiedselector.ModifiedSelector;
>                                                             ^

you should have a file
src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/selectors/modifiedselector/ModifiedSelector.java
is it there?  If not, it is a pretty long path, probably one of the
files you are missing if you use our tar archive and extract it with
anything other than GNU tar.  From the download page:

,----
| Ant is distributed as zip, tar.gz and tar.bz2 archives - the contents
| are the same. Please note that the tar.* archives contain file names
| longer than 100 characters and have been created using GNU tar
| extensions. Thus they must be untarred with a GNU compatible version of
| tar.
`----

Unless you have GNU tar around you better use the ZIP file (jar should
be able to extract them): <http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#no-gnu-tar>

If this is not the issue, what do your JAVA_HOME, ANT_HOME and CLASSPATH
env variables look like (if they are set at all) and is there anything
in $HOME/.ant/ ?

Stefan