ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Does ant 1.8.0 compile on Solaris 10 SPARC?
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 06:28:28 GMT
On 2010-04-02, J. Joseph Felten <> wrote:

> -bash-3.00$ ./
> ... Bootstrapping Ant Distribution
> rm: Unable to remove directory build/classes: Permission denied

sounds suspicious.  Why is that?

> ... Compiling Ant Classes
> src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/ cannot find symbol
> symbol  : class ModifiedSelector
> location: package
> import;
>                                                             ^

you should have a file
is it there?  If not, it is a pretty long path, probably one of the
files you are missing if you use our tar archive and extract it with
anything other than GNU tar.  From the download page:

| Ant is distributed as zip, tar.gz and tar.bz2 archives - the contents
| are the same. Please note that the tar.* archives contain file names
| longer than 100 characters and have been created using GNU tar
| extensions. Thus they must be untarred with a GNU compatible version of
| tar.

Unless you have GNU tar around you better use the ZIP file (jar should
be able to extract them): <>

If this is not the issue, what do your JAVA_HOME, ANT_HOME and CLASSPATH
env variables look like (if they are set at all) and is there anything
in $HOME/.ant/ ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message