ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Check that path elements exist?
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 04:01:56 GMT
On 2010-04-15, Jeffrey E Care <carej@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Before I write my own, if there a way to check that the elements of a path
> actually exist (or optionally that at least one exists)?

I assume you mean the <pathelement>'s of a <path>.  <resourcecount>,
<restrict> and <exists> are the ingredients that should help.

get only the existing elements.  <resourcecount> will count them and if
it is greater than 0 you obviously have at least one - likewise if you
count the path itself and compare the numbers you'll know whether all
elements exist.

Stefan