ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Bug 48804
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 19:51:02 GMT
I think that since the code doesn't address the primary usecase, that
trumps pretty-well all considerations.  It is hard to imagine how
someone would be relying on the order of the extension point/extension
evaluation in order to avoid the extension point. Since the behaviour
isn't documented anyway, doing so would have to be considered a hack.

I'd say make it do what it is supposed to do. If it passes gump, then we
can wait to see if any bug reports show up. If they do, we can deal with
those on a case-by-case basis, perhaps arriving at a wholly different
solution for them. Personally, I don't think any will show up.