ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: Augment feature
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:40:13 GMT
I just wanted to let Jean Louis and Martijn know not to give up hope on
the enhancements they'd like to see.

Jean Louis, although the vote was not in favour of the final feature, it
was not against it, either. Half the community seemed to think it was a
good idea, although they didn't want to volunteer to actually implement
it. The other half didn't see the point, but neither were they blocking it.

My point is that if you were to provide an implementation in the sandbox
that optionally made references final not just for the augment feature
but also from scripting, once people could see the code a vote might
very well pass. It is easier to get a vote to adopt code to pass than to
get one that requires the creation of code from scratch.

And since many of Martijn's objections would be met with such a feature,
he might be willing to help out. Or to work on a better name for the
augment feature that could be adopted after the fact.

It is up to you guys, though.