ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: Augment feature
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 01:04:26 GMT
On 06/04/2010 8:16 AM, Jean-Louis Boudart wrote:
> The objective of this thread is to take a decision on :
>
>     - restriction on augment feature
>     - and if the vote is in favor to choose one implementation design to do
>     it
>
> So, What's your opinion ?

My opinion is that what we really need is a VOTE thread:

   1. Are you in favor of adding the augment feature to Ant?

   2. Are you in favor of an attribute that allows references to be
marked as final, to avoid augmentation?

   3. If a final attribute is decided upon, do you think it should
default to "false"?

Of course, if people think that this hasn't been debated enough then we
can continue the conversation and have the vote later.