ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Q: Is this intended with multiple <local> with same scope ?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 14:08:49 GMT
On 2010-03-04, Wascally Wabbit <> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On 2010-02-26, Simone Cato <> wrote:

>>> Is this the intended effect of multiple <local>s within the same scope?

>> Probably not a conscious choice.

> Well I was a bit surprised actually as that's not
> mentioned in the <local> description. I thought <local>
> let me re[un]define a property within a local scope
> ONCE. In actuality it fundamentally changes what
> <property/> means even within a single scope. <property>
> no longer creates a write-once, read-many item within
> a single scope.

Like I said, I don't know whether this was intended when local
properties were introduced - and it isn't documented either way.  OTOH
we'd have a hard time changing it now after the release of 1.8.0 even if
we now realized it to be wrong.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message