ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: task that allows augmentation of previously declared references
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 04:59:39 GMT
On 2010-03-22, Matt Benson <> wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2010, at 5:42 AM, Jean-Louis Boudart wrote:

>> Is the augment feature already commited on trunk (i've not checked
>> the trunk for a while)? Is it targeted to be in the 1.8.1?

> It depends on the timeframe for 1.8.1.  I haven't been able to clearly
> gauge the general direction of majority opinion on the  "final" issue.

I may be unable to gauge my own opinion on the "final" issue 8-)

AFAIR I initially supported making references explicitly opt-in and
can't remember the cons at all (yes, I could search the archives).

Maybe we should open that thread again so arguments can be made again
and not get lost in the "do we want the task" discussion.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message