ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: task that allows augmentation of previously declared references
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 04:59:39 GMT
On 2010-03-22, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2010, at 5:42 AM, Jean-Louis Boudart wrote:

>> Is the augment feature already commited on trunk (i've not checked
>> the trunk for a while)? Is it targeted to be in the 1.8.1?

> It depends on the timeframe for 1.8.1.  I haven't been able to clearly
> gauge the general direction of majority opinion on the  "final" issue.

I may be unable to gauge my own opinion on the "final" issue 8-)

AFAIR I initially supported making references explicitly opt-in and
can't remember the cons at all (yes, I could search the archives).

Maybe we should open that thread again so arguments can be made again
and not get lost in the "do we want the task" discussion.

Stefan