ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: task that allows augmentation of previously declared references
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:39:57 GMT
Point taken. But that sounds like an argument against the augment
feature itself. If you are going to make exceptions, then things aren't
really immutable at all. When properties were made immutable there had
to be ugly little hacks like the prefix on tstamp to get around the fact
there were times you really wanted a bit of mutability on the value
(though not on the meaning).

If you are going to introduce the feature, I don't see what final gets
you. But I could be convinced otherwise.