ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <>
Subject Re: IvyDE 2.1.0 Release
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2010 03:34:28 GMT

I managed to get ivyde 2.1 in my eclipse only after having installed 2.0
from the update site. Is it supposed to be that way ?

What I did is :

- I copied the ivyde 2.1 plugin and the feature jar to the plugins and
features directory of eclipse,

then I restarted Eclipse, but the ivyde plugin did not seem to be

- I installed ivyde from the update web site, restarted
eclipse, this pulled in a large number of dependencies and worked,

- then I was still not seeing ivyde 2.1 in the installed plugins,

- then I uninstalled ivyde 2.0.0 from Eclipse using Eclipse's dialog boxes

- then restarted eclipse again,

- then hooray I saw ivyde 2.1 listed in the installed plugins.

I have checked only that I can see the ivy editor.

If it stays difficult to install like that in Eclipse, then there will
be a lot of support calls once the software is released.

Now maybe I did not do the expected manipulation ?

Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:
> Hello Jon,
> no I did not get download problems per se, I can expand your zip file.
> Regards,
> Antoine
> Jon Schneider wrote:
>> Antoine,
>> I wonder if your problem is similar to Stefan's:  "at least the
>> things I've
>> downloaded using Firefox on Windows were unusable."
>> The feature.xml can be changed.  Thanks for pointing it out.
>> Jon

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message