ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Introduction and possible new feature for Ant
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 03:43:59 GMT
Clark Archer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to introduced myself to the Ant dev list.  My name is Clark Archer
> and I'm a software developer working in Austin, Texas, USA.  I've been using
> Ant for about 7 years now and wanted to give something back so I thought I'd
> join the dev mailing list and get involved.

This is nice
> I've developed a new feature inspired by the old Eclipse JUnit Max plugin
> (no longer available).  Taking the new FailureRecorder as an example, I have
> coded up a HistoryRecorder which builds a simple text file containing a
> history of up to the last 100 executions for each test class/suite.  I track
> pass/fail and execution time for each test class and update the history file
> at the end of each <junit /> task.

I am more worried by the need to fix bugs of existing tasks/types rather
than by a wish to add new features.

I think if we add new features they should be very generic. That said,
your feature is interesting.
I have fiddled in my own project [not committed in the ant code base]
with a task which runs JUnit batches in parallel.
> I'd be interested in bringing my code up to standard and contributing this
> feature to Ant.  Is there someone who would be willing to work with me as a
> mentor on this?

I am currently very busy in my day job and right now my dream is to see
a few more bugs of Ant 1.8.0 fixed and release a 1.8.1.

> Well, that's all I've got right now.  Thanks for creating such a great tool!
> -Clark A.

Regards,

Antoine