ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE 2.1.0 Release
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:59:17 GMT
Sorry for my quite late involvement in this vote, I was kept buzy by some
other stuff.

On Saturday 20 March 2010 04:34:28 Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I managed to get ivyde 2.1 in my eclipse only after having installed 2.0
> from the update site. Is it supposed to be that way ?
>
> What I did is :
>
> - I copied the ivyde 2.1 plugin and the feature jar to the plugins and
> features directory of eclipse,
>
> then I restarted Eclipse, but the ivyde plugin did not seem to be
> recognized,
>
> - I installed ivyde 2.0.0.final from the update web site, restarted
> eclipse, this pulled in a large number of dependencies and worked,
>
> - then I was still not seeing ivyde 2.1 in the installed plugins,
>
> - then I uninstalled ivyde 2.0.0 from Eclipse using Eclipse's dialog boxes
>
> - then restarted eclipse again,
>
> - then hooray I saw ivyde 2.1 listed in the installed plugins.
>
> I have checked only that I can see the ivy editor.
>
> If it stays difficult to install like that in Eclipse, then there will
> be a lot of support calls once the software is released.
>
> Now maybe I did not do the expected manipulation ?

I ran into the same issue as you until I realized I didn't installed Ivy into
Eclipse. Didn't you too ?
Installing from the updatesite automatically install dependencies, yes.

Further info there:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/latest-milestone/install.html
By the way we need to fix urls there.

Nicolas