ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BZ 48768: Properties wrongly read from file or not update during read
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:10:47 GMT
On 2010-02-18, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:

> This problem happens in src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/property/
> ResolvePropertyMap.java .  Peter, you extracted this class some two
> years ago, but at the point in the code at which the offense takes
> place, there is the comment:

>         // Note: the master overrides (even if the name is subsequently
>         //       prefixed)

If you trace it back to the older code you'll see it corresponds to a
check whether the property is defined outside of the map as well - and
if it is use the outside value - to enforce property immutability.

To account for the bug report it may be a good idea to ignore existing
properties only if we are importing with a prefix.  This does require
adding a new overload with a prefix argument, but it's the only way we
can re-gain the old behavior for property files AFAICS.

Stefan