ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r908077 - in /ant/antlibs/compress/trunk: project-template.ivy.xml project-template.pom
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:58:57 GMT
On 2010-02-12, Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:

>> Doing something similar for the compress-antlib tells me that my syntax
>> seems to be fine and that Ant 1.8.0 is not available from the Maven repo
>> (I know that you know).

> This is fixed now :

The file
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/maven-metadata.xml
still doesn't contain any version ther than 1.7.0.

> Stefan, do you have an idea which groupId and artifactId you are going
> to choose for the compress antlib ?

org.apache.ant and compress-antlib (that's what the POM says ;-).  We've
used the same groupId for AntUnit and the .NET Antlib and the
artifactIds there are ant-antunit and ant-dotnet

The latter is a guess since it is not available from the mvn repo either
- I'll publish the latest release once you've updated the
ReleaseInstructions so I know how to do it 8-)

> Do these go in the build.properties in the root of the antlib ?

There are currently two ways to create the POM during the build process.
The first one creates a default POM without any dependencies and uses
org.apache.ant as groupId and ant-${ant.project.name} as artifactId.
The second approach (taken by the compress Antlib) uses a template that
sees some properties replaced, here you are free to override whatever
you want.

Actually I've just realized AntUnit is using a handrolled POM and
probably should rather use the template-and-copy mechanism.

Stefan