ant-dev mailing list archives

From Praful Tagore <praful.tag...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Ant API in a multi threaded java build application
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 05:53:43 GMT
I am writing a multithreaded java build application to do four builds
(DEVELOP-WEBLOGIC, SHIP-WEBLOGIC, DEVELOP-TOMCAT, SHIP-TOMCAT) at the same
time in four different threads. I am using Ant Java API (Project ,
ProjectHelper, BuildEvent, BuildListener, BuildLogger, DefaultLogger etc).

When i run this code, it seems like some of the variables inside a thread
context seem to be garbled with values from other thread. That leads me to
believe that the Ant Java API may not be multi-thread aware. Is that true?
Can some body from Ant  Development team verify this?

Thanks in advance,
Praful