ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <>
Subject Re: Using Ant API in a multi threaded java build application
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:11:03 GMT
Hello Praful,

it is possible that some ant classes do not support multi-threaded
usage. You might want to be more specific.

Also, instead of using ant in process, you might want to kick off ant as
a separate process from your build server.

This way, you would not be hit by multi-threading/concurrency issue in Ant.

You could also consider using Hudson or CruiseControl or Bamboo or
AnthillPro or Continuum ... instead of writing your own build/continous
integration server.

Praful Tagore wrote:
> I am writing a multithreaded java build application to do four builds
> time in four different threads. I am using Ant Java API (Project ,
> ProjectHelper, BuildEvent, BuildListener, BuildLogger, DefaultLogger etc).
> When i run this code, it seems like some of the variables inside a thread
> context seem to be garbled with values from other thread. That leads me to
> believe that the Ant Java API may not be multi-thread aware. Is that true?
> Can some body from Ant  Development team verify this?
> Thanks in advance,
> Praful

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: