ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject [POLL] update of ant's web site
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:50:38 GMT
Hi,

I have started a discussion about the update of the ant web site on the
private list and would like to continue it on the public list.

I am looking at ways to improve the generation of the ant web site and
automate some tasks.

One of the things what I found when preparing the release is that our
xdocs (the source for pages such as http://ant.apache.org/ ) can only be
converted properly by velocity 1.4 but there is a bug in later versions.

I was thinking of automating the conversion html to xml and make it
automatic with auto-checkins or no checkins at all of the generated html
files but it seems there is no secure solution for this kind of
requirements at the ASF for now.

The other idea which we can pursue is to move to using svnpubsub for the
web site. To do this we would need to have a special branch containing
our web site. It does not seem like a bad idea as this covers situations
when we do not want the html files of the trunk to appear on the web site.

Do we want to move to svnpubsub ?

Regards,

Antoine