ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Release Compress Antlib 1.0
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:33:23 GMT
Adding a third question : in order to find out where
commons-compress.jar should be put in the project, I have just tried to
build the antlib from the command line.
It looks like the expected way of building is to put
commons-compress.jar on the classpath before starting ant ?
My guess is we want to add an explicit classpath to the <javac target ?
And also set the attribute includeantruntime="false" to also explicitly
put the required ant jars on the classpath, as ant 1.8.0 seems to nag us
to do.

Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:
> Hello Stefan,
> I have just done a svn checkout of the compress antlib.
> I have 2 first questions :
> - do we really want to run javac with the source and target options
> set to 1.2 ? I see that commons-compress itself requires at least 1.4.
> - what is the easiest way for lazy people [me for instance] to open
> the compress antlib in eclipse with the dependent jars at a proper
> place so that you can see all imports resolved ?
> Regards,
> Antoine
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I've tagged the current trunk of the compress antlib and plan to build a
>> release from it and propose a vote.
>> The Antlib will require Ant 1.8.x and Commons Compress.  Commons
>> Compress 1.0 is known to have some issues (in particular for the ar and
>> cpio classes) but I wouldn't want to wait for a new release of it since
>> there are enough open JIRA issues for it that the next release may be
>> months away.
>> Unless anybody stops me I intend to go ahead with the release process
>> over the next few days.
>> Stefan

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: