ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r908004 - /ant/core/trunk/build.xml
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 19:49:38 GMT
Hello Jesse,

there is no ANT_18_BRANCH at the moment.

I remember there was a time during ant 1.6 development where there was
both a lot of development going on on the ANT_16_BRANCH and also on
trunk, and a lot of changes have been merged.

Working in trunk only at least for the first half of the life of a major
release is easier and keeps us focused on fixing bugs or low risk
additions. Of course if some committers feel that we should start
immediately preparing a 1.9.x version with very different objectives
from 1.8.x development we can branch.

Regards,

Antoine