ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: svn commit: r894462 - in /ant/core/trunk: WHATSNEW docs/manual/CoreTypes/filterchain.html src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/filters/AppendToLines.java src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/FilterChain.java src/tests/antunit/filters/append-test.xml
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 08:57:48 GMT
We already have HeadFilter and TailFilter,
also we have PrefixLines.

I would vote for SuffixLines as it sounds best matching to the already existing PrefixLines
filter (to me).

For me the terms (h)eader/(f)ooter/(p)rolog/(e)pilog/suffix(sx)/prefix(px) have a kind of
"directional meaning":
* header and prolog is a paragraph before the current position - it is up to the current position
* prefix is left of the current position
* suffix is right of the current position
* footer and epilog are paragraphs after the current position - buttom to the current position

|        h,p        |
| px | current | sx |
|        f,e        |

Jan