ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] : Plans for future 1.8.0 RCs or release
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 05:02:30 GMT
On 2010-01-26, Antoine Levy Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:

> In order to avoid the confusion created by changing index.html in
> advance on http://ant.apache.org indicating a future release, I was
> thinking of creating a branch ANT_WEB_SITE from the trunk, and
> switching /www/ant.apache.org from trunk to ANT_WEB_SITE at least for
> the interim period between the build of 1.8.0 and the time when it is
> actually released. After, the release, we can switch back to main,
> then reactivate ANT_WEB_SITE if there is a need.

I first thought you could simply use the tag you created for the release
candidate and don't need a new branch - but then I saw Jan's change to
index.html.

With this I don't have a better idea than to use a branch, unless I'm
overlooking a way to use "sticky revisions" in svn like CVS supported.

Stefan